How do you form a successful alliance that not only gels but builds value beyond the sum of its parts? The key is determining the underlying dynamics and cultural qualities—then delivering an approach to transform them.
Even the most promising partnerships can encounter unforeseen conflict. Cultural breakdowns cause many potential alliances, ventures, transactions and inter-organizational partnerships to fail. While organizations often recognize this, it is often less clear what to do about it. One plus one is rarely more than two.
The success of any alliance or transaction—one that ideally combines or builds value between entities—comes down to the quality of cultural and energetic alignment between them. Determining what this actually is, and then delivering an approach to transform it, is at the core of the Dialogos method for building Transaction and Alliance Synergy.
Dialogos diagnoses the underlying dynamics and central drivers within and between both entities, and identifies the potential of both the individual parties and the new entity or alliance to be effective. Based on two decades of research, through analysis of some of the world’s largest and most complex organizations, we have developed a suite of tools that enables leaders, underwriters and investors to evaluate potential alliances and coalitions for viability.
Our method for building Transaction and Alliance Synergy enables leaders to:
Diagnose and assess potential and build strategy, including
- Assess gaps capacity to deliver on promised business plans
- Assess level of actual vs. espoused commitment and capacity to enact plans
- Determine the quality, level and potential of dialogue, collective intelligence and the likelihood of group think or the sustaining team blinders
- Assess level of cultural and relational fit among entities
Build transitional strategy, including
- Assess and provide a strategy for how to make actionable unique and culturally aligned approaches to problem solving—including advice on how to build towards a common approach.
- Identify potential sources of underlying breakdown and routes to transformation of underlying factors
- Uncover avenues for creative collaboration (e.g., how best to utilize strengths)
- Reveal areas of likely conflict, breakdown and difficulty
Turn around failing alliances to deliver breakthrough.
We convene and conduct dialogues—both individually and in group contexts—that draw out the unique perspectives and talents of those who will comprise a new system, and build a common meaning, language and coherence among the participants. As pioneers in the field of dialogue we have mastered the methods by which disparate corporate or cultural entities can rapidly develop the capacity for integration and shared strategic insight.